Katora Lake, means bowl in Pashto language, is a high altitude lake. It is an alpine glacial lake located in the upper reaches of Jahaz banda.
Jahaz Banda is a lush green and idyllic hill station in Upper Dir Kohistan region, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at an altitude of 3,100 m above sea level. The region is surrounded by snow-clad mountains, towering trees, and covered by green pastures.
Kumrat is a valley in the Upper Dir District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. Kumrat is covered with green pastures, snow clad mountains, the river Panjkora, foggy mounds and forests are attractions of the region, which serve as habitats for variety of flora and fauna.
5 Days Trip to Jahaz Banda, Katora lake and Kumrat valley
Dates: 26 to 30 June 2019
Trip Duration: 5 Days and 4 Nights
Weather Conditions: Moderate to Cold
Trekking Grade: Easy to Moderate
Accomodation: 4 nights in Camps/rooms on sharing basis
— Trip Charges: —
Cost from Islamabad: Rs. 17,500/person
Cost from Lahore: Rs. 19,500/person
Last Date of Registration: 21st June, 2019
For room/camps on twin sharing basis: Rs. 3,000 additional (per person) will apply.
Note: Minimum Number of Participants Required 10 members.
— Registration: —
50% advance is compulsory for registration.
Limited Seats (on first come first serve basis)
Registration form link (Mandatory): https://goo.gl/forms/92Mnf5cMfEiIZg5k2
5% Discount on a group of 5
10% Discount on a group of 10
15% Discount on a group of 15+
*Only one discount category would apply at a time
Payment can be made either through bank transfer or cash by hand (50% in advance is must to book your seat).
1) Bank Wire:
Acount Title: Sher Ali
Allied Bank Account #: 02460120013972
2) Cash by hand
Call at 0348 55 61 440 or 0336-5066866
– Transport ( pick and drop will be disclosed to registered participants)
– First aid kit
– Services of a guide
– Shared Accommodation
– Road toll & Tax.
– Camping gear
– Jeep charges
Services not included:
– Room services, laundry charges, Beverage, phone call and other any item of personal nature.
– Personal insurance.
– Rescue, Helicopter coverage.
– Tips for Guide, porter & cook
– Anything not mentioned in the “Services Included” list
Day 00 – Leave Islamabad for Upper Dir at 9pm from Islamabad.
Day 01: Breakfast on the way. Lunch at Thal. Depart for Takai top. Start trekking to Jahaz banda meadows (moderate 2 hours trek). Explore nearby waterfall. Dinner and night in camps/rooms at Jahaz Banda Meadows.
Day 02 – Breakfast at Jahaz Banda Meadows, depart for Katora lake, 3-3.5 hours of moderate trek. Lunch will not be served this day instead daypacks will be given. Spend 2 hours at lake and then back to Jahaz Banda Meadows. Dinner and night stay in camps/rooms at Jahaz Banda Meadows.
Day 03 – Breakfast at Jahaz Banda Meadows. Trek down to Takai top. Switch to vehicles and depart for Kumrat valley. Lunch on the way. Dinner and Night stay in camps/huts at Kumrat valley.
Day 04 – Breakfast at Kumrat valley. Explore Kumrat valley till Kala Chashma. Drive back to Thal for night stay.
Day 05 – Depart for Islamabad. Breakfast on the way. Lunch on the way. Reach Islamabad around 10pm.
End of services.
List of Personal Equipment:
– Ruck Sack (at least 65 litre)
– Trekking Shoes
– Warm Jacket
– Rain Coat or Parka Jacket
– Woolen socks
– Woolen cap
– Water bottle
– Trekking sticks
– Tissue roll
– Personal Medicines
Terms and Conditions:
– Members shall not indulge in any act reflecting moral or character failing during the activities
– Members must respect the authority of an organizer
– Each participant should treat other trip members with respect
– Special respect towards female members would be exercised
– All members would give due care for the local environmental
Call at 0348 55 61 440 for queries and booking.
– Dues must be paid before last date of registration.
– Participants must hold a valid Computerized CNIC/Passport Card.
– Participants are advised to use Non-slippery Shoes/Boot/Joggers/DMS. Participants must NOT wear Heel/Dress Shoes.
– Roam The World will not be responsible for any injury/damage/loss.
– 24 hrs or less, 100% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 48 hrs or less, 100% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 3 days or more– 50% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 7 days or more – 30% cancellation of charges does apply.
*** In case of refund, Roam The World will make refunds within 5 working days.
Note: Roam The World reserves the right to make changes to the plan without prior notice.
Roam The World is a non registered voluntary body open to public participation but does not assume any liability for any injury, loss or damages incurred during the event.