Chitta Katha Lake is located in Shounter valley, Azad Kashmir at the elevation of 13,500 feet (4,100 m). Chitta Katha means White Stream; it is the local name of the stream coming down from the Hari Parbat originating from the lake called Chitta Katha Sar or lake of the Mount Hari parbat. This Mountain is sacred for some people who relate it to Lord Shiva and consider it abode of the Lord and identify it as Kailash.
The lake is accessible from Kel by a 20 kilometers (12 mi) jeep track and then 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) hiking trek. Kel is the base camp to this lake.
5 days trip to Chita Katha Lake
(Shounter Valley, AJK) 06-10 August 2019
Trip Duration: 5 Days
Minimum temperature: 3-6 Degree Celsius
Cost from Islamabad to Islamabad: 17,500/- PKR per head only
Last Date of Registration July 31, 2019
For room/camps on twin sharing basis: Rs. 3,000 additional (per person) will apply.
Note: Minimum Number of Participants Required 10 members.
50% advance is compulsory for registration.
Limited Seats (on first come first serve basis)
Registration form link (Mandatory): https://forms.gle/qs4vUpjZQes4q3ry9
5% Discount on a group of 5
10% Discount on a group of 10
15% Discount on a group of 15+
*Only one discount category would apply at a time
Payment can be made either through bank transfer or cash by hand (50% in advance is must to book your seat).
1) Bank Wire:
Acount Title: Sher Ali
Allied Bank Account #: 02460120013972
2) Cash by hand
Call at 0348 55 61 440 or 0336-5066866
– Transport (pick and drop will be disclosed to registered participants)
– First aid kit
– Services of a guide
– Shared Accommodation
– Road toll & Tax.
– Camping gear
– Jeep charges
Services not included:
– Room services, laundry charges, Beverage, phone call and other any item of personal nature.
– Personal insurance.
– Rescue, Helicopter coverage.
– Tips for Guide, porter & cook
– Anything not mentioned in the “Services Included” list
Day 01 – Leave Islamabad at 1am in the night in a booked vehicle. Breakfast at Muzaffarabad, Lunch at Keran. Reach Kel and ride on jeeps towards Upper Domail. Dinner and Night stay in camps at Upper Domail.
Day 02 – Breakfast at Upper Domail. Explore Shounter Spoon lake. Start trekking towards lake. No lunch will be served today but daypacks will be given before the start of the trekking. Dinner and Night stay in camps at Dak-2.
Day 03 – Breaktfast at Dak-2. Start hiking towards Chitta Katha lake. No lunch will be served today but daypacks will be given before the start of the trekking. Dinner and night stay in camps at lake side.
Day 04 – Breaktfast at Chitta Katha lake. Trek back to Upper Domail. Lunch at Upper Domail. Ride on jeeps back to Kel. Dinner and night in a hotel at Kel.
Day 05 – Breakfast at Kel. Start return journey towards Islamabad. Lunch at Keran. Reach Islamabad.
End of services.
List of Personal Equipment:
– Ruck Sack (at least 65 litre)
– Trekking Shoes
– Warm Jacket
– Rain Coat or Parka Jacket
– Woolen socks
– Woolen cap
– Water bottle
– Trekking sticks
– Tissue roll
– Personal Medicines
Terms and Conditions:
– Members shall not indulge in any act reflecting moral or character failing during the activities
– Members must respect the authority of an organizer
– Each participant should treat other trip members with respect
– Special respect towards female members would be exercised
– All members would give due care for the local environmental care
Call at 0348 55 61 440 for queries and booking.
– Dues must be paid before last date of registration.
– Participants must hold a valid Computerized CNIC/Passport Card.
– Participants are advised to use Non-slippery Shoes/Boot/Joggers/DMS. Participants must NOT wear Heel/Dress Shoes.
– Roam The World will not be responsible for any injury/damage/loss.
– 24 hrs or less, 100% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 48 hrs or less, 100% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 3 days or more– 50% cancellation of charges does apply.
– 7 days or more – 30% cancellation of charges does apply.
*** In case of refund, Roam The World will make refunds within 5 working days.
Note: Roam The World reserves the right to make changes to the plan without prior notice.
Roam The World is a non registered voluntary body open to public participation but does not assume any liability for any injury, loss or damages incurred during the event.
Also checkout my Kutwal Lake Haramosh Valley Trip of 5 Days